If you are experiencing problems with your Bose Soundbar 700, 500 or Soundtouch 300, resetting the device may help. This process restores the unit to its factory default settings and can fix various issues. You can reset your soundbar to factory settings either manually or automatically.
Note: Resetting the soundbar will reset all of its paired devices. To restore these connected devices, they must be repaired.
You can do this in Soundtouch by selecting the device and pressing the “+” button on top of your remote. This will restart the pairing mode for that device. For Bluetooth connections, you’ll have to pair your devices manually.
Manual Reset Instructions:
Press and hold the power button on the left side of the soundbar for 8 seconds until you see the green LED light start flashing on top of the unit. The soundbar will be reset once it is done rebooting. Wait 30 seconds before turning it back on again.
Remove Soundbar From Bose Music Account
If your soundbar is still connected to the Bose Music app, disconnect it from your account.
Select “Forget This Soundbar” in iOS: Settings > Bose SoundTouch, select “Forget This Soundbar”.
In Android: Settings > Manage Devices, select “Bose SoundTouch” device and press Forget. Don’t forget to reconnect after resetting.
Here are the instructions for unpairing your Bose Music App Bose soundbar.
- Open the Bose Music App
- On the top-right corner, choose account settings.
- Select the speaker and then click Manage speakers, then Edit.
- Remove your selected soundbar by selecting it and clicking the trash can icon.
If you’re using an Amazon account to log in, Alexa can take up to an hour to be deleted. To remove Alexa immediately, unplug the soundbar then reconnect it.
You should also uninstall the voice assistant if you h
Related: How To Connect Bose Soundbar 700 To a TV
How To Reset Bose Soundbar 700
Here’s how to reset the Bose Soundbar 700.
- Make sure you’ve completed all of the above actions.
- On your Bose soundbar 700, turn it to ON.
- Be sure the remote control is accessible.
- For 5 seconds, simultaneously press and hold the power button and skip the back button from the remote.
- The soundbar will pulse white before fading to black.
- After shutting down, your soundbar 700 will be in its original configuration.
How To Reset Bose Soundbar 500
In general, to erase all of your Bose soundbar 500’s data and settings, follow the procedure outlined for the Bose 700.
For the Bose soundbar 500, press and hold the “Sound” and “TV” buttons on your remote control for 8 seconds.
Do not release the buttons until all LED indicator lights are lit.
Do not use any other function or button on your remote during this reset process; otherwise, you might erase data stored in the soundbar 500’s memory.
Your soundbar 500 will restart after resetting is complete.
Another method on Resetting Bose Soundbar 500
- Make sure that the Bose 500 soundbar is turned on.
- Get remote of the soundbar
- Hold down the power button and the skip forward button simultaneously for 5- 8 seconds.
- The light will switch from white to black, then back to white.
- The computer will restart in the Shadow System.
- The light bar will turn solid amber to indicate the end of the restoration process.
- Your soundbar has its original factory settings at this point.
Related: 10 Best Soundbars for PS5
How To Reset Bose SoundTouch 300 Soundbar
To reset your Bose soundtouch 300, turn it to ON. Be sure the remote control is accessible.
For 8 seconds, simultaneously press and hold the power button and volume – buttons on your sound touch remote control.
The soundbar will pulse white before fading to black. After shutting down, your soundtouch 300 will be in its original configuration.
Another method to reset factory settings.
- First, Turn ON the Bose soundtouch 300.
- Now Connect the Soundtouch app to your WiFi network.
- Hold down the power button for 8 seconds.
- Do not release the buttons until all indicator lights are lit in white, and you hear a beep.
- Your soundtouch 300 will restart after resetting is complete.
- It may take a while before the settings are applied.
- Your soundtouch 300 will come with its original factory settings.
I hope that you will be able to reset your Bose soundbars 700, 500, or Soundtouch 300 just by following the steps given in this article.
Nowadays, it is always advisable to backup your data before tinkering with your gadget because you will lose all previous settings and restore factory defaults if not done properly.
One thing that makes life easier is to make a list of what we need before we do anything with our gadget; that way, we will not forget anything.
Saving a backup of all files is necessary before resetting factory default settings. If you don’t do this, it means that you have lost everything.
Also Read: How to Fix PS5 Controller disconnects from pc
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the factory reset method on all Bose soundbars?
No, this method can only be used on 700, 500, or 300 soundbars.
Why does my Bose bar doesn’t turn on?
Make sure that you have already completed all steps. If it is still not working, check your power source and make sure it is switched on. Otherwise, visit the nearest service center for help.
Can I use another function or button to reset factory settings?
No, as you will erase all your data by doing so. Just follow the steps stated in the article, and you’ll be fine.
Can I reset Bose soundtouch 500 without connecting to WiFi?
Yes, by holding down the power button for 8 seconds.
Do not release the buttons until you see all indicator lights are lit in white and hear a beep. Your soundbar will restart after resetting is complete. It may take a while before settings are applied.
How do I reset the soundbar 500 without a remote?
Follow all necessary steps as stated in the article, and your Bose 500 soundbar will restart after resetting is complete. It may take a while before settings are applied.